Saturday, June 26, 2010

Window Blinds for my back guest room.

One of the problems with all the windows in my guest rooms, is my non-Alaskan guests have a hard time sleeping in the summer. It's those 20+ hours of daylight. So I've been on a search for a good solution. There isn't much wall space, so regular curtains wouldn't work. I didn't want the them to block part of the view when they were open.






I got these at Home Depot. They're light blocking and cover the entire wall. Paul installed them for me when I was at work last week, so I just got to see them today.



I did have to order some longer brackets, but they do extend out past the door handle on the deck door.



I think there is still too much light that leaks in around the bottom in particular. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that, but I'll work on it. However I think my out of State guests should be able to sleep now :-).

No comments: