Well this project went on way too long. I know I'm a bit obsessive, so I ended up putting on 4 coats of the rust converter. I got the first 3 on last R&R, with lots of scraping & sanding in-between each coat. When I got home and looked at it on Monday, there were a few new rust flecks, so I went a head and scraped it with a scotch brite, and then put on the 4th coat. It dried over night and actually looked pretty good this morning. So I went a head and painted with some Rustoleum glossy black for metal. It went on pretty well and really covered the posts. I really hope it 'takes' and I don't have to re-do this project for a LONG time.
Yes, It Gets Hot.
3 months ago