Anyway, I also got the rest to the rubber tiles up on the roof and my walkways between the different modules laid out.
|Rubber Walkways In Place|
The second project underway is the backyard. I haven't done much with it and the alders were starting to grow too tall. The lower end was very rough and rutted, running the brush hog over it didn't work, so in June I had Danny with Dutchboy Landscaping come out and tear up the weeds, then smooth out the dirt. Then he hydroseeded it. In July I wasn't sure the new grass was going to grow, but by the end of Aug it was 2+ feet tall and coming in pretty thickly. We'll keep it mowed the next couple of summers so it chokes out the alders.
In addition I removed the crushed rock from the fire pit area (which I never bothered to use) and covered that area with some typar road fabric. This week I added some galvanized steel raised beds with typar liners and today we got a pickup load of soil and filled them up. Next spring I'll plant strawberries in the 3 smaller beds, then potatoes and beets, and maybe carrots in the bigger bed.
|Liners and Dirt added|