What do you think? It's definitely a long over due project.
|Bucket of Rose Hips|
These wild rose hips aren't very big, and I had a lot of them, so it took hours and hours and hours to get them all cleaned. But boy were they pretty when I got them done.
|Cleaned Rose Hips|
Then I had to de-seed the 2 quarts of them to use in the marmalade. And that took many more hours. But finally I got them done, and cut up the other fruit, and got it all cooking. WOW, did it smell good. The marmalade is a bit spicy tasting, and maybe a bit too sweet. IF I make it again, I'll try cutting back the sugar a bit. But I'm happy with how it all turned out, though the whole process took me two days.
And then I had lots of rose hips left over, so I cooked them down and tried to make some jelly. That went a bit faster since I didn't have to de-seed the rose hips first. That rose hip juice is pretty tasty, and but the jelly came out as syrup. I'm not sure why, but I like to make waffles, so now I have some rose hip syrup to serve with them.
But that still left me with my planned project undone. So Sunday afternoon I took everything out of the closet and noticed the sheet rock had separated in the corner. I'm blaming that on earthquakes...lol. So I got out my roll of sticky fiberglass stuff, and mud and fixed up the corner.
Then today when I got home, I got the closet painted, with minimal paint splattering.
The paint dried pretty fast, so I put up the closet hanging thingies I bought at Home Depot last week. I got all of my yard tools and chainsaw hung up. And there is still room for the folding ladder when I bring that inside. I may eventually add a small shelf, but for now I'm happy that it's all cleaned up and organized.
|Wet Mud in corner|
|Clean painted closet|