Friday, March 10, 2006

Travel back in time...

Lori (blue coat) & Patty (red hat), 1964

Well, this isn't a normal trip report, but I came across this picture when I was visiting mom & dad last week. We were looking for a specific picture of Shari sitting in the cockpit of a U-2 spy plane in King Salmon when she was a kid, and couldn't find it. Dad brought 2 boxes of un-filed & un-albumed pictures in from the garage and we went through them all.

NOTE: Mom only gets blank photo albums for Christmas for the next couple of years, I figure she needs 20 or 30 of them, just to get a good start.

Anyway, back to this picture. We were living in Farewell (it's close to McGrath in the interior of AK. If you have an AK map, you can probably find the general location) at the time it was taken. Farewell was a very small community of 1 apartment building and 3 or maybe 4 houses. It's long abandoned now. Dad shot this moose and had us pose with it. I must have been 5 and Patty was almost 4. I don't have too many memories of Farewell, other than being there when during the 1964 Earthquake, but I've always liked this picture and thought it would be fun to share.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Thanks for including a link to my blog. Got a kick out of this picture. You don't look any different now! ;)