Saturday, July 12, 2014

Green Roof - 1 month updated

So far the my green roof project is going well.  A month after first planing, my plants are well rooted and starting to spread.  In particular the thyme with it's purple flowers are really spreading.  
The violas don't really belong in here with the sedums,
but I couldn't resist adding a few of them.

Purple flowering thyme.

This is only about 2/3 of the modules I should have gotten planted this spring, but it will have to do.  In August I'll get them situated on the roof, then check on them next spring.  Some may need to be replanted.  Once I figure out what survived the winter, I'll start working on the next set of modules.

With some luck, they'll really fill in over this summer and next, and eventually look something like these LiveRoof fully planted modules.


No comments: