Sunday, May 17, 2009

Island Countertop

I've been looking for months for a picture, showing what I want my island countertop to look like. It will be 4 ft wide, 10 ft long and 1/2 has cabinets underneath. The other half will be open so people can sit around it like a table.

I read about using hot rolled steel as countertop material but couldn't find a picture of what it looked like. I know it will rust if it's not kept waxed, but that's OK. It looks very durable and industrial. And it's all 1 piece, no seams which is what I want.

So here is the picture I found. This table was created at a shop in Dallas, The Weld House. I found this picture on Flickr.



So, then the question is. What do I do for the rest of the countertops. The floor is dark gray with sprinkles of aluminum filings. And the cabinets are natural maple, which is very light colored. Hmmm.....any ideas?

No comments: