Sunday, March 08, 2009

Construction Update

I've been gone a month, so I went up to the house site and took some pictures this morning. Actually I took lots of pictures, but here are a few.

Here is one of the exterior lights. You'll never believe how long it took me to find these square cans. They take 2 bulbs and have a clear lens that fits over the top to keep out snow and rain. I think they'll look really nice against the dark gray siding.























And here is the temporarly propane tank. This will allow us to start up the boiler and put some heat in the house. It's right outside the kitchen back door. The permanent propane tank I'll put on a cement pad, on the other side of the driveway. It needs to be easy to get too in the winter, but away from the house in case of wildfires.






















And lots of vents from the boiler room to the outside. One of these should also be the fill for the cistern tanks. At least I hope one of them is...

















The insulation is in. It's really quiet inside the house now. A totally different feel to the whole place.
































Here is another picture of the boiler room. There are lots of pipes and I have no idea what any of them do.
















The 2 main cistern/water tanks are now connected by pipes, and have drains at the bottom.


















This is an opening in the ceiling of the closet in the master bedroom. I have no idea why or what it's for. Also, a recessed light can.

No comments: