Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fun with spray paint!

It's spring again and I spent the last week cleaning up my yard and getting my flowers planted.  But since it could be a while before they really start to bloom, I decided to paint all of my planters for a little extra color.

And then I decided I should paint the coffee table I bought for my deck.  It was supposed to be black, but looked dark brown.  I'm not too happy with the blue, I may have to change that to yellow next year.
Table Legs


Table Top


And I got some scraps out of the basement, stuff left over from building and put together a little potting bench.  It's a good thing it sits in the gravel since none of the legs are exactly the same length.
Potting Table


But my flowers are all planted on the deck.








And the strawberries, potatoes, carrots & beets are planted in the raised beds.

I cleaned up my hillside and marked all the different plants coming up.  I think the shooting stars will bloom any day, but some others are just barely coming up.  Plus I got my garden spinners put together.  Those came in bright colors so I didn't have to paint them.
Nasturtiums


Garden Spinners


After 10 days of clouds and rain, it finally cleared up yesterday and got sunny.  Today was the first warm day, it was really beautiful.
May 30, 2017 - view


Next time I'm home, I'll need to work more on my rock 'garden'.

No comments: