Monday, July 11, 2016

Summer Update

Wow, it's already July.  This summer is flying by and I have a lot to get done.

Last week Danny from Dutchboy Landscaping came out and re-contoured my back yard.  He smoothed out all the big lumps and ridges left from installing the drain field and then hydro seeded it.  Now the grass is just starting to come up.  I'm still going to have to deal with some of the weeds, but should be able to shape this up into a nice yard over the next couple of summer.

And the new modules I planted for my roof this summer are doing really well.  I wish the ones from last summer were, but most of them were winter killed.  So I have a lot of re-planting to do.

Then today after running some errands in town I decided I really needed to get a step built for my front porch.  It's only been 7 years....lol.   It took me a couple of hours but should work just fine once the paint dries.  The guys at the SBS yard where I purchased the lumber were very good about cutting the 2x6 an 2x4 exactly as I asked, so it all went together quite well.


2x6 pieces



Getting started
Mostly done
Waiting for the paint to dry

And the flowers I've been planting out front are starting to look pretty good.  It's a constant battle with the weeds.  And moose stomping through them or the cranes digging them up.  But progress is being made.

No comments: