Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New Bed Frame & Duvet Cover

I've been meaning to buy a new bed frame with an upholstered headboard, and finally found one I liked.  Ordered it from CB2 a few weeks ago.  It's been sitting here in pieces, today I finally got around to putting it together.

It's very sturdy but I wasn't thrilled with the dark gray color on the headboard.  So I stopped in at the local fabric shop today and picked up a couple of yards of yellow cotton cloth.  Ironed it and stapled over the existing cloth so it will be easy to change out if I decide I don't like it, or just want a change sometime in the future.
Gray Headboard Insert

Padded Insert added to frame

Assembled Frame

The pieces of this frame actually went together pretty easily, but it was a 2 person job.  I'm really glad Valda came up and gave me a hand with it.
Finished


It's a big change from the yellow sunflowers.

Next I need to get a couple of real night stands...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! I really like it!!

Lori Murray said...

Thanks, it's a fun change.