Friday, August 29, 2008

New Drawings - Plan & Inside

When I posted the pictures this morning, I filtered out all the 'other stuff' and reviewed all my House Building posts. I realized that I haven't posted any new drawings. The plans for my house have been through a couple of revisions, so here are some updated drawings.

This is the new general lay out, not too different. Still 2 guest rooms sharing a bath, then the main living space, and then the master bedroom & bath. You can also see the small roof covering part of the deck. But the deck will extend down in front of the 2 bedrooms to the carport, so it can be accessed from the living room, both bedrooms and carport area.


















Let me know if you have comments or suggestions. We haven't started building yet, so now is the time to incorporate any changes.

This view is from the entrance to the master bedroom, looking back into the kitchen and to the main entrance. I keep wanting to call it the front door, but it's really the back door. And you can see the framing for the back hallway behind the 2 guest rooms. The north wall of this hallway will be all closets, so I'll have lots of storage upstairs. I'm also going to put the washer & dryer in these closets so I don't have to drag laundry up & down the stairs to the basement.

You can also see how the ceiling in the kitchen area will be flat, and then slope up in the living room, to open up the view. I really have to decide if I'm going to leave the beams exposed in the living room or sheet rock over them so it's a smooth ceiling.

















This last inside drawing is from the kitchen looking out the front windows, and the exit doors out onto the deck. You can see lines of the floor where the island, and then the cabinets holding the wall ovens & fridge will be. And you can see a bit of the opening for the stairs to the basement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I like it! Just not sure that I care to share a bath with your parents. Too late for a change?
Kim