Thursday, June 14, 2018

2018 Spring Painting Update

Not long after I moved into my house, I had an idea to paint my long hallway wall in gradiated shades of blue. I must have painted that wall 4 times, but it just didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I left if alone for a few years. This year I finally got back to that project and talked Rob into painting it for me. He does great artwork using the wall texture mud.  We decided on a new idea, I wanted a big frothy wave on that wall. Then we decided it would look better if we wrapped the blue paint around the corner into the entry hall. And then we decided to add a dolphin.

In addition I've been wanting to replace the barn door hardware with something more modern, so I ordered new hardware and once the paint was dry, Rob installed the new hardware and re-hung my door.

There were also a few settling cracks in the living room that I'd been ignoring for years, so Rob fixed those and repainted the affected walls. Somehow that all morphed into adding some trees and branches to the living room.

 It's really been a fun project and I'm glad to have it all done so I can enjoy it for a while.

Starting the Dolphin
Finished Dolphin
New Door Hardware















Wave

Trees still wet

Trees Painted

No comments: