Saturday, October 03, 2009

Moving In

Well, I finally got to move into my new house. There are a lot of small things to finish and I expect they'll take most of the winter. But that's OK, it's very livable. I'm really loving the view. Now that it's dark a night, the stars are amazing.

This is the entry hallway, just in front of the main doors. The 2 guest rooms and the hall full of closets are to the right. And the kitchen, living room and master bedroom are to the left.














This is the back hallway, it will eventually be all closets. But I need to decide what 'insides' I want for each closet, and then figure out the doors. I'd like to put a bypass door system on and then make the doors with aluminum frames and frosted glass, which would match what I'm going to do in the kitchen. But I'm not sure I can afford to buy them this way. Paul and I are talking about a way to buy kits and build them. When they finally get installed, I'll post some pictures.






















This is the 'middle' guest room. Currently no furniture and full of boxes & other stuff. Most of this 'stuff' will migrate to the crawl space or basement next time I'm home.

















I got the duvets ironed, and laid them out over the packages of sheets, pillows, etc. But didn't actually get around to making the beds. Penny & Louie are coming down for a few days in Oct, so I'll get the beds made before they show up.
















I did get my computer moved and hooked up to the internet. That was big step. I 'needed' to be on line to feel moved :-)





















Here is the kitchen island, part's 1 & 2. The upper kitchen cabinet doors still need to be ordered and then installed. But that should happen before Christmas. They'll have aluminum rims and frosted glass inserts.






















Eventually I'll get a flat screen TV to hang on this wall at the back of the living room.

















And here is the living room. Pretty fancy camp chairs :-). It works for now but I really have to buy some chairs and then get the cushions on the window seat. I've want a couple of pedistal style swival chairs, I'm just having trouble finding the right items. I can find them in black or brown leather, but I prefer something upholstered, and with some color to it.
















Here are a couple of brief looks at the basement. I still need to get the file cabinet drawers upstairs and installed. And there is a lot of cleaning to do, but the basement is pretty much done. That's Patty's elliptical machine, I had it covered up when I was spray painting the file cabinets. How do you like that bright blue paint? I post some more pics once I get the file cabinets installed upstairs.





















And there is some left over construction material in the cistern room. I'm going to need this stuff in the spring, so it just might sit there all winter.

No comments: